Why Are My Alexa Devices Unresponsive?
- Randall Mullins
To resolve most issues with connectivity or setup, unplug the power adapter from your Echo device and then plug it back in. Make sure that your Echo device is compatible with your Alexa Gadget. Reference the product detail page or manufacturer’s instructions for your Alexa Gadget.
Why is my Alexa not responding?
At SmartHomePerfected our information is accurate and unbiased. If you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more It’s a total pain when you ask Alexa to turn on or off a device, and she tells you “the connected device is not responding”! We’ll guide you through the steps to get your smart home devices back up and running.
How do I Fix my Alexa device is unresponsive?
The device Is Unresponsive Alexa: – To fix your unresponsive Alexa device, check your cable connection to ensure that the WiFi password you entered is correct. If that doesn’t work for you, try resetting your Alexa device as a last resort. Today’s article also talks about updating Alexa device firmware and reinstalling Alexa devices.
How to fix Alexa not connecting to WiFi?
How to Place Your Echo Device for Maximum Coverage: – This is the second and most important thing you need to check. This fix ensures that your Echo device is placed close enough to your router so that the Echo device is in your WiFi connectivity range. If you have a small Echo device, such as an echo dot, you would have put it out of the router’s permissible range, as it is compact and can be removed.
Why is my Alexa light orange?
How to Fix Alexa Not Connecting to Wi-Fi – If your device has a screen, check the light on the device. If it’s orange, the Wi-Fi connection isn’t working properly. Here are some ways to troubleshoot your Alexa Wi-Fi connection:
- Check the internet connection, If Alexa can’t connect to Wi-Fi, it may be because your internet is down. See if your internet is up and running. If it isn’t, take steps to restore your internet connection,
- Restart your modem and router, See if rebooting your modem and router fixes Alexa’s Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Restart your Echo device, A simple restart may fix Alexa and the Echo’s Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi password is correct, If you’re connecting to Alexa with the wrong Wi-Fi password, this could be the cause of the problem. Test the Wi-Fi password on another device, and if necessary, change it and try connecting Alexa again.
- Make sure your Alexa-enabled device is in Wi-Fi range, Your Alexa-enabled device might not be in the Wi-Fi range. Move it closer to the router and away from walls, metal objects, or other possible sources of interference.
- Reduce Wi-Fi congestion, Turn off any Wi-Fi-connected devices you aren’t using and see if this solves your Wi-Fi connectivity problems.
- Reset the Echo to factory settings, When all else fails and your Alexa app still isn’t connecting to Wi-Fi, reset the Echo to its original settings, and see if this gets things connecting again. If you choose this option, you’ll need to register the device to your Amazon account and enter device settings into the Alexa app again.
Why is Alexa not responding to voice commands?
- Make sure your device is paired to your device. You can check this on your Alexa app’s enabled skills.
- Make sure your Alexa device is not on mute.
- When you are commanding Alexa with voice,make sure a blue ring is seen in the top left corner of the TV screen.