How To Use Alexa On Moto X4?
- Randall Mullins
What is Alexa Hands-Free? Customers who own the moto x 4 are getting an update to their Alexa Hands-Free experience, which will give them access to new Alexa features like Alexa Communication and navigation. After updating to Android 9.0 (Pie), the new experience requires you to install and setup the Amazon Alexa app.
Alexa Hands-Free allows you to ask Alexa for the weather, music and more from any screen of your phone-using just your voice. The previous Alexa Hands-Free experience will not work on Android 9.0 (Pie). Customers who were previously using Alexa Hands-Free on Android 8 (Oreo) will have to setup the new Alexa Hands-Free experience on Android 9.0 (Pie).
Follow the steps below to set up the new Alexa Hands-Free experience:
- Connect the moto x 4 to a Wi-fi network.
- Update the moto x 4 software to Android 9.0 (Pie): Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System updates
- Update the Moto Voice for Alexa app.
- Go to Play Store > > My apps & games > Moto Voice for Alexa > Update
- Install or update the Amazon Alexa app.
- Go to Play Store > > My apps & games > Amazon Alexa > Install or Update
- Complete Alexa Hands-Free set up
- Go to Settings > Choose ‘Alexa’ > Toggle Hands-Free ‘On’ > Complete the on-screen setup steps
Can I use Alexa Hands-Free while the phone is locked? Alexa will respond when the phone is locked as long as the Show on Lock Screen setting is toggled On, To turn on the Respond on lock screen setting, open the phone’s settings > Choose Alexa > Toggle Show on Lock Screen ‘On’. Can I change the wake word to something other than ‘Alexa’? You can only use the wake word ‘Alexa’. There is not an option to change the wake word. I am getting inaccurate locations results for requests to Alexa. What should I do? To get accurate location results for Alexa responses follow these steps:
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Location > Toggle On the location permission for the Amazon Alexa app
How can I turn off Alexa Hands-Free? To turn Alexa Hands-Free ‘Off’ or back ‘On’ after initial setup, you can
- Open the Quick Settings menu at the top of the phone (swipe down from the top of your screen) and tap the Alexa icon to turn Hands-Free ‘Off’ and ‘On’,
- Navigate to the phone’s settings, tap on ‘Alexa’, then click the Hands-Free toggle to turn the feature ‘Off’ and ‘On’.
Can I use Alexa Hands-Free through headphones with a microphone? When you use headphones that are not Alexa-enabled, you will have to make Alexa requests using your device’s microphone, however you will hear Alexa’s response in your headphones. Can I use Alexa Hands-Free for messaging and phone calls? You can use Alexa Communication in the Alexa app to send messages to your friends and family that have Echo devices or the Alexa app.
- Click here for help setting up Alexa Communication.
- Is the Alexa functionality of my phone the same as any of the echo devices I own or is it limited? The Amazon Alexa app is always getting smarter with updates for new features, services, and skills.
- Click here for information on supported features.
- Do I need to have a SIM in my Moto X4 for Alexa Hands-Free to work? Customers in Germany and the United Kingdom may need to insert a SIM to be able to access the Moto Voice for Alexa app.
What settings are available for Alexa Hands-Free?
- The ‘Hands-Free’ setting turns the feature ‘Off’ and back ‘On’. If you have not yet setup, it will put you into the set up flow.
- The ‘Respond on Lock Screen’ setting allows you to get Alexa responses on your lock screen even when your phone is locked.
Have another question about Alexa? You can contact Amazon directly via the instructions below.
- Go to https://www.amazon.com/contact-us
- Sign in to Amazon account (if not already signed in)
- Click on Digital content and services tab
- Under tell us more about your issue select Alexa voice services > General question about Alexa voice services > Other questions
- Select contact medium – call or chat
- Click on phone and enter your number
- Click ‘call me now’ to receive call from customer service
- Alexa Hands-Free is only available on certain moto x 4 phones, It is not available on the Android One version of the moto x 4,
- The Android 9.0 (Pie) upgrade and new Alexa Hands-Free experience are coming soon for Prime Exclusive Phones customers.
Does Moto G have Alexa?
BEAT THE RUSH SALE STARTS NOW! If a faster processor matters to you, go check out the new moto g 7 play. Now with Alexa and a pre-installed selection of Amazon apps.
Do Android phones have the Alexa app?
The Alexa app is compatible with iOS and Android operating systems. It’s also compatible with Fire OS. The Alexa app is compatible with the following operating systems and software versions: iOS 14.0+
Is there an Alexa app for Android phones?
How to configure Alexa on Android or iPhone – You can personalize the way that Alexa works on all of your supported devices by installing Amazon’s Alexa app via the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, If you’ve never used an Alexa-enabled device before, it’s worth taking a few minutes to customize it.
Routines: Alexa lets you set up a series of actions to perform at specific times or under specific circumstances so you can use a single command to turn on lights, switch on a radio station, turn up the heat, and other actions with a single command. The app recommends featured sequences like “Alexa, good morning” and “Alexa, I’m home,” for example. Reminders: You can set reminders for meetings or appointments on specific times or days, or just ask Alexa to remind you to do something regularly, such as take a pill every morning. Alarms and Timers: You can add an alarm directly from the app or adjust alarms and timers you’ve set using your Alexa-supported device — for example, cancel or make adjustments to a timer. Lists and Notes: Here’s where you’ll see items you’ve added (via voice command) to your Amazon shopping and to-do list from the Alexa app. Skills and Games: You can browse, enable, and manage the thousands of third-party apps that extend Alexa’s functionality from categories like Business and Finance, Food and Drink, Health and Fitness, and many more. See which ones you’ve installed by tapping the Your skills button in the top-right corner of the screen. Settings: This menu lets you set up your profile, location, and preferences like Music and Podcasts, TV and Video, Sports, Reminders, Photos, Notifications, and more. See More: Select this to open a drop-down menu with other options you can set up, including Find My, Workout, Things to Try, and Blueprints, which allows you to create personalized skills.
You can tap the Three-line menu icon, and select Settings to review your various Alexa-enabled devices and set names for them, as well as locations, time zones, and preferences for temperature and distance measurement units,
Which phone has Alexa built in?
Redmi Note 9 Pro (Interstellar Black, 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage) – Latest 8nm Snapdragon 720G & Alexa Hands-Free. Only 1 left in stock. Your feedback is important to us.
Which is better Alexa or Google Assistant?
Alexa vs. Google Assistant: Music and podcasts – Music should be a strong suit for any smart assistant. Both assistants obviously integrate with their company’s respective music services, and in some cases offer the ability to link to third-party offerings as well. (Image credit: Shutterstock) Alexa adroitly handled a request to play the Rolling Stones’ “Paint It Black” (because I have it linked to my Apple Music account). Even though I don’t subscribe to any of the pay music services supported by the Google Assistant, it still played “Paint it Black” and a playlist containing other Rolling Stones songs on YouTube Music.
How to play Apple Music with Alexa
Swipe to scroll horizontally
|Music Service||Alexa||Google Assistant|
|Apple Music||Yes||Only on iOS|
|Google Play Music||No||Yes|
Both assistants responded to my request to play upbeat ’80s music and West Coast jazz by offering up stations that matched those descriptions. In terms of being able to find and play podcasts, both assistants have improved further since our last comparison.
- Alexa now lets you link your Apple Podcasts account like a music service, giving tighter integration for those on iOS devices and Macs, while Google Podcasts seems to have improved on the Assistant.
- Not only did both assistants easily play the most recent episodes of both “Wait Wait,
- Don’t Tell Me!” and “The Incomparable” podcasts, but they even handled the more obscure Australian show “Dragon Friends.” Both assistants offer some form of multiroom audio functionality, including creating groups of speakers via your smartphone.
Alexa and Google Assistant also support audio playback from some music services to Sonos speakers, while Google Assistant can communicate with any Chromecast-connected speaker. And both Google Assistant and Alexa also come built in to a number of the best smart speakers.
Is there a Google version of Alexa?
Echo vs. Nest Smart Home Integration – Both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant let you control smart lights, smart locks, and smart thermostats. The smart home brand gap between Alexa and Google Assistant has closed, and almost all major third-party smart home device manufacturers work with both.
However, Blink and Ring are owned by Amazon, so their devices only work with Alexa. While Nest is owned by Google, Nest thermostats and cameras still work with Alexa. Both Alexa and Google Assistant let you combine your devices into rooms, so you can say commands like, “turn on the living room lights.” They both also support Routines, which let you combine multiple actions into one command.
The Echo and Nest speakers both link up to TVs using their associated streaming sticks. If you buy a Chromecast or a Fire TV Stick, you can tell them to open Hulu or play a show. Several smart TVs, including models from Roku, can be set up to be directly controlled by either voice assistant.
Does Motorola have a voice assistant?
How do I use the Google Assistant on my Motorola phone? Google assistant works the same as Google Voice Search has in the past, but it’s much more functional. You can tell Google Assistant to call people, get directions, send messages, set alarms. Or, ask questions. Get your assistant’s attention by doing any of these:
Say “Hey Google” or “OK Google”, if you’ve taught it to recognize your voice. Swipe up from the bottom left or right corner of your phone. Touch and hold Home from any screen Touch Press the Google Assistant button (only available on certain models)
Ask a question or say a command. For example, you can say “What’s the weather today?” or “Set alarm for 7 AM tomorrow.” To silence Google Assistant when it’s talking to you, touch Google Assistant will stop listening after a few seconds. Tips : How do I use the Google Assistant on my Motorola phone?
Is Alexa on Google phones?
Use Alexa as your preferred Voice Assistant on your Android mobile device. You must download and install the Alexa App to use Alexa as the Default Voice Assistant on your Android mobile device.
Do I need an app for Alexa?
Why you should be using Alexa on your smartphone You need the Alexa app for or to set up any of the Amazon Echo speakers, but once you’ve got your Echo in place, you might not give much thought to the program on your phone—not when you can do so much with aimed at your smart speaker.
How do I talk to Alexa on my phone?
How Do You Call Alexa? – If your home has numerous smart speakers with Alexa support such as the Amazon Echo or Amazon Echo dot, it can be useful to call the speaker to talk to someone who happens to be near the unit. Here’s how to do so using the Alexa app. These instructions apply to both Android and iOS with the screenshots reflecting the iOS version of the Alexa app.
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap Communicate,
- Tap Call,
- Tap the name of the device you want to call.
- Take the call like any other call.
What is the Android equivalent of Alexa?
(Pocket-lint) – Google’s version of Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri is Google Assistant. It has made incredible progress since its 2016 launch and is probably the most advanced and dynamic of the assistants out there. Google has spread Assistant far and wide, not only on its own hardware, but through partnerships with other companies that sees Google Assistant in a huge range of devices, from fridges and headphones, to speakers and cars.
How do you turn on handsfree function?
How Do I use Hands-free Mode on my Samsung Galaxy Note?? | Samsung South Africa When Hands-free mode is turned on, the device will read out incoming callers, message senders, alarms, and schedule information, as well as give you the opportunity to answer a call using Air Gestures™. To turn on Hands-free mode, from the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > My device > Hands-free mode, Touch the slider to turn Hands-free mode on, Touch OK on the dialog box about turning off S Voice™ Hands-free. To quickly turn Hands-free mode off and on, with two fingers slightly apart, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom to access the Quick Panel. Touch the icon for Hands-free mode. When the feature is on, the icon will be green. The following options are available:
• Incoming call : When an incoming call is received, read out the caller’s information. • Messages : When a new text or multimedia message arrives, read out the sender’s information. • Alarm : When the alarm sounds, read out the alarm information. • Calendar event info : When the calendar event alarm sounds, read out the calendar information. NOTE : Air Gestures will be turned on, and the volume will be turned on to the minimum level if it was previously muted or set to vibrate. •”Check the weather forecast.”
•”Call Charlie mobile.” •”Call Joe work.” •”Redial.” •”Dial 6171231234.” •”Text Charlie.” •”Text Katie message Are you free tonight for dinner?” •”Send message to John How’s it going?” •”Read my messages.” •”New Event Lunch with James July 21st at 1 p.m.” •”What’s on my calendar?” •”Check schedule on Friday.” •”Add event Dance class Saturday at 10 a.m.