How To Turn Off Alexa Light Ring?
- Randall Mullins
Yellow Light Ring Fix – The yellow light ring is easy to fix. Just say “Alexa, read my messages” or “Alexa, show me the notifications” and the ring will disappear.
Why is Alexa light always on?
White could signify volume changes or Away Mode –
The light ring will show the volume percentage in white when you manually turn the light ring on the Amazon Echo or the first-generation Echo Dot, press the volume up or down on the second-generation Echo Dot or tell Alexa to adjust the volume.A continuously spinning white light means Alexa Guard is on Away Mode.
When the red light is on, the Alexa microphone has been turned off. Tyler Lizenby/CNET
How do you make Alexa stop glowing at night?
Download Article Download Article This wikiHow will teach you how to turn off the lights on an Echo Dot using Do Not Disturb (DND) Mode. If, however, the light is purple, yellow, red, or orange instead of green, you’ll need to do a few more things including reconnecting to the Wi-Fi.
- Use Do Not Disturb mode to ignore notifications and prevent your Echo from lighting up.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone, go to “Devices > tap your Echo > Device Settings > Do Not Disturb”.
- Troubleshoot colored lights by either un-muting your Echo or connecting it to Wi-Fi.
- 1 Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet. If you don’t have access to the phone or tablet, you can also say “Alexa, turn on Do Not Disturb.”
- Alexa is the light-blue speech bubble with a white outline app icon that you’ll find on one of your Home screens, in the app drawer, or by searching.
- 2 Tap ☰, This is in either the upper left corner of your screen or lower right corner. Advertisement
- 3 Tap Settings, It’s next to a gear icon near the bottom of the menu.
- 4 Tap Device Settings, You’ll see this near the top of the menu.
- 5 Tap to select your Echo Dot. You’ll see if your Echo Dot is considered online or offline, which may affect your DND settings. Offline devices do not have the same settings as online ones.
- 6 Tap Do Not Disturb, You’ll find this under the “General” heading.
- 7 Tap the switch to turn it on next to “Do Not Disturb. ” When DND is enabled, you won’t get any notifications from your Echo Dot and all the lights will be turned off.
- If you want to set a DND schedule, tap the switch to turn it on next to “Scheduled” and select the time range you want DND to activate.
- To disable DND, repeat this process or say, “Alexa, turn off Do Not Disturb.”
- 1 Say to your Echo, “Alexa, what notifications do I have? ” Alexa will respond with any and all notifications that could be making the light yellow and persistent. If the yellow light does not clear after you ask this, proceed to the next step.
- 2 Ask your Echo, “Alexa, what messages do I have? ” If you have any outstanding messages, Alexa will read them to you. If this does not clear the yellow light, proceed to the next step.
- 3 Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet. It’s the light blue speech bubble with a white outline app icon that you’ll find on one of your Home screens, in the app drawer, or by searching.
- 4 Update your notification settings. Since the yellow light indicates an Amazon notification, you can change the settings in the app to change when the light appears.
- To stop all these notifications, go to Settings > Device Settings > (your Echo Dot) > Communications and tap the toggle off.
- 1 Wait for an orange light to turn green or purple. An orange light indicates that your Dot is trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network, so wait for it to connect (indicated by a green light) or fail to connect (indicated by a purple light).
- 2 Manually reconnect to Wi-Fi (if your light is purple). Open the Alexa app on your phone and connect to your Wi-Fi network again (re-enter the password). If reconnecting does not work, you may need to check your router to make sure it’s on and working.
- 3 Unmute your Alexa (if the light is red). If the light is glowing red, mute is enabled and your Echo will not respond to “Alexa.” Press the microphone button again to turn off mute.
Add New Question
Question I don’t want any lights on while I’m sleeping and use the echo for sleep sounds, how do I turn the lights off. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. wikiHow Technology Writer Expert Answer The lights are there to display the status of your Dot, so turning them off completely isn’t possible. Since Amazon knows you’ll be using their devices at night, the lights are designed to be less intrusive and not as harsh as other lights (like the power lights on older TVS!) While you can’t turn the lights completely off, there are stickers or covers that you can add to your Echo to make the lights dimmer or cover them completely. Or, for a free trick, move the Echo Dot somewhere else where the lights won’t bother you, like behind a propped mirror or behind a tissue box.
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement Article Summary X 1. Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.2. Tap the three-line menu icon.3. Tap Settings,4. Tap Device Settings,5.
Why does Alexa’s green light stay on?
What does the green light mean? – Whether you’re using an Echo speaker with an LED light ring located on either the top or bottom of the device or an Echo Show smart display with a light bar at the bottom of the touchscreen, a green light on your Echo hardware means that you have an incoming call.
Why is Alexa blue light staying?
2. Check if Your Wi-Fi Network Is Functioning Properly – The Amazon Echo speaker relies on a working Wi-Fi connection to function properly. Without a stable internet connection, the speakeer can’t communicate with Amazon’s servers to process your queries. As a result, Alexa may get stuck in an offline state leading to the constant blue ring. Restart your Wi-Fi router if your internet connection is fine, but the speaker still isn’t connecting to it.
How long does Alexa night light stay on?
This Alexa Skill is not meant for or useful on a Fire TV. A blue flash card pops up and says ‘3 minute lighting mode.’ The card stays up a bit more than 3 minutes, then the display reverts to the revolving screensaver images.
How do I get Alexa to go dark at night?
All you need to do is say ‘Alexa, turn off the screen’ and your Echo Show will automatically go dark. This is the easiest way to stay in control of your screen.