How To Setup Hue With Alexa?
- Randall Mullins
What you need to do
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- In the More tab, tap Skills & Games.
- Tap the search icon in the top right corner.
- Type ‘Philips Hue’ in the search bar.
- Tap Enable to use.
- You will be redirected to your Philips Hue account page.
- Select the Hue Bridge you want to link and tap Next.
- Tap Agree and continue.
Why won t my Philips Hue connect to Alexa?
(2) Disable and Re-Enable the Alexa Skill – The Alexa Skill can also lose its connection to the Hue Bridge. The easiest way to fix this is to remove the Alexa Skill from the Hue Bridge’s memory. When the Bridge pairs with your Alexa Skill, it will remember the device data.
- Suppose there’s an error where the Alexa cannot connect to the Bridge, but the Bridge is still registering the Alexa Skill as a connected device.
- In that case, you may be able to solve it by disabling the Alexa Skill.
- To do this, go into the Alexa App, tap more, then go to the Skills & Games tab.
- Open the search bar by tapping on it and enter “Hue” into the search bar, then tap Disable skill.
Give the devices a second to forget each other’s data, then tap Enable to Use to re-enable the Alexa Skill for the Hue Bridge.
Can I connect Philips Hue to Alexa without bridge?
3. Using an Amazon Echo as a hub – As Philips Hue bulbs use the Zigbee standard, they can work with some Zigbee smart home hubs rather than a Hue Bridge. However, the integration isn’t always as reliable, or available with as many features, as it is with a Hue Bridge. Some Echo speakers – specifically, the Amazon Echo Plus, Amazon Echo Show 10 (not first-gen), (4th-gen) Echo and Echo Studio – can work as Zigbee hubs.
If you’ve already got one of these speaker models set up, new Hue bulbs can be added through Alexa and the Philips Hue skill. Make sure your Hue bulbs are connected and powered on, then head into the Alexa app (which you should have already installed when setting up your Echo). Select Devices, then the Plus button, then Add Device,
After a few seconds of searching, your Hue lights should be detected and added. If you prefer you can use a voice command instead: say “Alexa, find my devices” and your Alexa smart speaker will scan your house for compatible Hue bulbs. Whichever way you add the Hue bulbs, you can control them through the Alexa app or via your voice with commands like, “Alexa, turn the bedroom lights off,” once they’re connected.
Does Philips Hue use WiFi or Bluetooth?
Bridge: control throughout the house – With a bridge, you can control your Philips Hue lights from anywhere in the world. Obviously, you can also control them from anywhere in your house. Turn on the lights in the bedroom before you head up the stairs, for example.
How do I resync my Hue bulbs?
Reset a Philips Hue bulb – If you’re dealing with a single Philips Hue bulb or standalone lamp, and you want to reset this on its own, you need to go through the Hue app for Android or iOS — which is most likely how you set up the bulb in the first place. From the main screen of the app, tap ‘Settings’ (bottom right corner), and choose ‘Lights’,
Tap on the light you want to reset, then tap ‘Delete’. The device gets forgotten by the app and is ready to be added again or used in a completely different system. If you’re not using the Hue Bridge and Hue app, check inside the app you are using. For example, Hue bulbs can be removed from an Echo Plus, or other Zigbee-enabled Echo smart speakers, and reset by tapping on ‘Devices’ in the Alexa app; choose the room group, then the bulb, then the settings cog (top-right), then the trash icon (top-right again).
Bulbs can also be reset if you have an official Philips Hue Dimmer Switch at home. With the light in question turned on, hold the Dimmer Switch close to it and hold down the On and Off buttons together for 10 seconds or so. When the light blinks and then stops blinking, the bulb is reset.
Can you use Philips Hue without app?
– You can always switch your Hue lights on and off using the (wall) switch. In case of a freestanding lamp, you just have to plug them in to make them work. You can also control your lights via the Hue website (). You just need to see that you have ‘remote control’ enabled.
How do I connect my Philips Hue to Wi-Fi?
Connect the bridge – Plug in your bridge and it will automatically power up. Connect it to your Wi-Fi router using the network cable provided. Wait for the three lights to come on and you are good to go. Step 4
Why is my Hue sync not connecting?
First, you might want to roll back to the last properly-working version you had installed, which should be easy if you have access to the old updates installed – or do a factory reset of the Hue Sync device. In that case, uninstall the current app and reinstall the working version.
- How do I reset my hue sync box? All you have to do is unplug the sync box for 20 second then before you plug it back in hold the button in.
- While you’re holding the button plug the sync box back in and continue to hold the button until you see a purple light then release the button and try to re-sync the box to the bridge.
How do I get my hue sync box to work? Hue Sync App, Light Demo, Google Assistant and Tv Remote Setup How long does it take for Hue sync box to sync? The setup process went smoothly for us and only took about 15 minutes (including a firmware update to the Sync Box) to get everything functioning from start to finish.
Does Philips Hue Bluetooth work with Alexa?
Set up Philips Hue with Bluetooth –
Turn on your Philips Hue smart lights. If Alexa or your Alexa app says, “New light found,” your device is ready to use. If your Echo device does not discover the light, say, “Alexa, discover devices.” Once your light is discovered, say, “Alexa, turn on first light.”
Can I use Hue without router?
How do I connect my Philips Hue Bridge without a router? – There are two possible ways to connect your Philips Hue Bridge without a router. One way is to enable WiFi manually by opening up the device and manipulating the hidden WiFi radio inside. The other method is to buy a Wireless Access Point and then using this device to connect to your hotspot.
Does Philips Hue use a lot of Wi-Fi?
Does Hub Reduces The Bandwidth Use? – There is a magical way to fool your router into thinking that those 20 smart LED bulbs are actually just one device. And that is by using a hub, which connects as a single device to the main network while running on its own internet protocol. The hubs come with add-on switches, for example, 20 switches, allowing you to connect 20 bulbs or light switches onto it.
- As you add more and more smart bulbs to your expanding smart home, you will see that having a hub is not only much better for performance, but also very convenient and easy to set up with manufacturer’s guides.
- A hub also helps in setting up easy automation and programming for your bulbs.
- Best of all, it allows you to run your bulbs even if the WiFi goes down for some reason, as a hub is a local connection.
ZigBee or ZWave bulbs, for example, can run without WiFi on the Philips Hue Bridge (Amazon), or SmartThings. When you think of plugging in 20 smart bulbs directly to the router, it can use anywhere between 400-600 MB per month, as each bulb uses around 20-30 MB.
Why is my device unresponsive to Alexa?
1. Check your home network – If a device Alexa connected to is unresponsive, start by checking your Wi-Fi. Your home network might be inactive or unstable, causing connectivity problems between Alexa and the device in question. This is the first thing you should get out of the way.