How To Play Specific Songs On Alexa?
- Randall Mullins
Download Article Download Article This wikiHow teaches you how to play music on Alexa using popular music services like Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others. Once you’ve linked your music accounts you can select one to be your default music service and begin using voice commands to play music on your Alexa enabled device.
- 1 Open the Alexa app. On your Android or iOS phone, open the mobile Alexa app and sign in to your Amazon account. It’s the light-blue app with a white outline of a speech bubble.
- Make sure you are signed in to the same Amazon account that you registered your Alexa device with.
- 2 Tap ☰, It’s the three-lined icon in the top-left corner of the screen. This opens a pop-out menu on the left side of the screen. Advertisement
- 3 Tap Music, Video, & Books, It’s the first option in the menu under your account name at the top.
- 4 Select the music service you want to link. It’s in the “Music” section of the page. Tap any of the following music services you want to link to your Alexa device:
- Amazon Music
- 5 Tap link your account now, Follow the steps to link your account, this usually just involves signing into your account for the music service you subscribe to.
- 1 In the Alexa App, tap ☰, it’s in the top-left corner of the screen.
- 2 Tap Settings, It’s the second from last option at the bottom of the screen.
- 3 Tap Music & Media, It’s the first option in the “Alexa Preferences” section.
- 4 Tap Choose Default Music Services, It’s the blue button at the bottom of the page.
- 5 Choose a default music library. Choose the streaming service you want to be the default if so you can use voice commands without having to specify which service to use.
- The only options available are the services that are already installed.
- 6 Choose a default station service. Choose the station (radio) service (like Pandora or iHeartRADIO) that you want to be default so you can use voice commands without having to specify which service to use.
- The only options available are the services that are already installed.
- 7 Tap Done, It’s the blue button at the bottom of the page.
- 1 Say “Alexa”, Say the wake command to wake Alexa and she will begin listening for your next command.
- The default wake command is “Alexa,” but if you’ve changed it to “Echo,” “Amazon,” or some other command, then use the wake command you previously set.
- 2 Ask Alexa to play any artist, song, album or genre. If you don’t specify what music service to play the music with, Alexa will use whatever service is set at the default.
- For example, you could say, “Alexa, play Incense and Peppermints by the Strawberry Alarm Clock on Spotify,” or “Alexa, play 60s music on Amazon.”
- Saying just an artist’s name will shuffle songs by that artist for you to listen to.
- 3 Use playback controls with Alexa. Much like you would control your stereo or a music app on your phone, you can also use voice commands as playback controls.
- Pause, resume, and stop : You can say, “Alexa, pause,” “Alexa, resume,” and “Alexa, stop.”
- Skip a song or go back to the previous song : You can say “Alexa, skip,” “Alexa, next song/track.” or “Alexa, previous song/track.”
- Adjust the volume : You can say, “Alexa, volume up/down,” or “Alexa, volume “,
- 4 Ask about the song currently being played.
- “Alexa, what is this song?”
- “Alexa, what album is this?”
- “Alexa, who plays this song?”
- “Alexa, what year did this song come out?”
- 5 Use commands to help you find new music or music you’ve listened to before.
- “Alexa, play the top songs in Chicago.”
- “Alexa, play the top songs in France.”
- “Alexa, play more like this.”
- “Alexa, play songs similar to Portugal the Man.”
- “Alexa, play some Beatles songs I haven’t heard in a while.”
- “Alexa, play the music I was listening to on Wednesday.”
- “Alexa, play what I was listening to yesterday morning.”
Ask a Question 200 characters left Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Submit Advertisement
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, this gives you access to Prime Music, so as long as you used your Prime account to set up your Alexa device, you can ask Alexa to play any song, artist or genre in the Prime Music library without any additional setup.
Advertisement Article Summary X * “Alexa, play Tom Sawyer by Rush on Amazon.” Plays this song by this artist. Did this summary help you? Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 52,375 times.
Can you play specific songs on Alexa?
See less Alexa will say, ‘To play songs by just (artist)’ or ‘To play a specific song’ and then will ask if you want to sign up for Amazon Music, which will allow you to play specific songs and artists. However, if you decline Alexa’s offer, she’ll ask you if you’d like to play similar songs or artists.
How do I play a specific song on Alexa for free?
Try Amazon Music for free – Before, there was no automatic provision for music built into the Echo or Alexa, and you could only access Prime Music if you were an Amazon Prime subscriber. However, Amazon has a free tier of its music streaming service that’s ad-supported and available for any Alexa-enabled device.
- The new level gives users access to a selection of top playlists and stations for free – beforehand, as we say, this was only available for Prime members.
- It’s naturally more limited, since there’s no subscription required, and is similar to the two million free songs that Prime subscribers get.
- If you were to pay for Music Unlimited, there’s access to more than 40 million, by comparison.
You can access the free music based on songs, artists, eras or genres, saying things like, “Alexa, play the station.” Alternatively, you can choose one of the many preset playlists, including Fuego Latino, Country Heat and more. If you want to try out a fully paid Amazon Music Unlimited subscription, you can do that, too.
Why won t Alexa play specific songs?
4. Check Subscription – You need to have an active subscription to either Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited to play songs with Alexa. If you don’t have an active subscription, Alexa will not play the requested songs. To view your current subscription details, follow these steps: Step 1: Open the Amazon website for your country and log in with your account details. Step 3: You will find all your active subscriptions listed here.
What music can I ask Alexa to play for free?
Link a Third-Party Music Service to Your Echo Dot – As you might expect, your Echo Dot starts with Amazon Music as the default music player. So, if you have a Prime membership, you can leave it there because the music isn’t costing you anything aside from your Prime subscription costs.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone or computer.
- Select “Settings,” then “Music & Podcasts” under the “ALEXA PREFERENCES” section.
- Choose “Link New Service” under the “SERVICES” section. The items listed underneath are already usable.
- Select your music provider from the list of remaining services.
- Follow the wizard to add logins or set as default.
The ‘Link New Service’ feature includes many of the more popular music services, but it does not include all of them. Regardless, setting up your Echo Dot to use a third-party music service is as easy as following the simple steps listed above.
Do you get charged for asking Alexa for music?
Amazon.co.uk: Customer Questions & Answers Showing 1-10 of 12 answers Many Echo users do have Prime membership, but it is not required. The Echo family and Alexa play music from your amazon resources. You can listen to Free internet radio stations on the Tunein Radio skill. There are no subscriptions or fees required to use the Echo or Echo Dot.
- You can listen to music you have purchased Many Echo users do have Prime membership, but it is not required.
- The Echo family and Alexa play music from your amazon resources.
- You can listen to Free internet radio stations on the Tunein Radio skill.
- There are no subscriptions or fees required to use the Echo or Echo Dot.
You can listen to music you have purchased in your Amazon digital music library. You can purchased Spotify Premium or a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited. Alexa cannot stream from iTunes or Apple music. The Echo cannot play from Deezer, Napster, Tidal, Soundcloud or Google Play.
You can connect your apple iPhone, smart-phone, iPad or other tablet to your Echo by Bluetooth. Use the Echo as a Bluetooth speaker for your music playlists. If you use Apple music on your tablet you can connected it and use the Echo as your Bluetooth speaker. Many Echo users do have Prime membership, but it is not required.
The Echo family and Alexa play music from your amazon resources. You can listen to Free internet radio stations on the Tunein Radio skill. There are no subscriptions or fees required to use the Echo or Echo Dot. You can listen to music you have purchased in your Amazon digital music library.
You can purchased Spotify Premium or a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited. Alexa cannot stream from iTunes or Apple music. The Echo cannot play from Deezer, Napster, Tidal, Soundcloud or Google Play. You can connect your apple iPhone, smart-phone, iPad or other tablet to your Echo by Bluetooth. Use the Echo as a Bluetooth speaker for your music playlists.
If you use Apple music on your tablet you can connected it and use the Echo as your Bluetooth speaker. · 12 June 2017 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you? | Hi, no there isn’t any charge monthly or otherwise, However if you want to use a premium music service like Spotify or Amazon music unlimited, then there is a monthly subscription,
£9.99 for Spotify or £3.99 for Amazon, If you don’t then you can use the basic Amazon service for free, · 12 June 2017 Do you find this helpful? | I pay £3-99 for amazon music but can only play it on echo not my iPhone or iPad why is this · 17 May 2020 Do you find this helpful? | Do you have to pay extra for a second Alexa dot music · 06 November 2020 Do you find this helpful? | Hi I use my dot for music mainly and pay £3:99 a month and it then gives me access to 40 million tracks but if you want to ask your dot (Alexa) about the weather, news, date, maths,time of day it is totally free of charge you won’t go wrong if you purchase it · 12 June 2017 1 of 1 found this helpful.
Do you? | No you just pay £3.99 if you want Amazon Prime Music but you don’t have to get that if you don’t want to · 12 June 2017 Do you find this helpful? | No monthly charges but best to have prime membership opens up a lot more · 12 June 2017 Do you find this helpful? | My daughter set it up for me but I think it’s about four pounds a month.
Is there a monthly fee for Alexa music?
Amazon.com: Preguntas y respuestas de los clientes Mostrando 1-10 de 161 respuestas November 11, 2019- I just got off the phone with Amazon since I’m trying to buy the new Echo and was informed there is a $3.99 monthly fee subscription for Alexa. Mix information online and over-the-phone just leads me to not get the device because I will not purchase something that might or might not be free to use.
- I also asked if that fee is “waived” for Amazon Prime members and the answer is “No.
- Alexa is a separate service not covered by Amazon Prime.” So there.
- Free if you already have it but apparently not free if you want to get started now.
- · 11 de noviembre de 2019 A 142 de 161 les pareció útil.
- ¿Y a ti? | I was paying $4.29 for my monthly bill for prime music but, the last 2 mos.
I was billed $8.49, I am getting ready to cancel due to no reason why it went up, · 7 de mayo de 2022 A 8 de 9 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | I have alexa is there a monthly fee for a second alexa · 28 de diciembre de 2020 A 7 de 16 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | Alexa increase from $4.99 To $9.99 for a single Device.Wow a Big Jump on pricing · 27 de octubre de 2022 ¿Esta información te resulta útil? | There is no monthly fee to use your Alexa/Echo device.
- However, if you want to listen to specific songs by a specific artists, you will be prompted to start a music unlimited subscription.
- · 8 de julio de 2021 A 27 de 30 les pareció útil.
- ¿Y a ti? | There is no monthly fee to operate Alexa on Amazon Alexa-enabled devices.
- There are subscription services that you can buy which have monthly fees, such as Amazon Prime Services.
· 23 de agosto de 2021 A 10 de 11 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | Alexa is part of your Amazon account. She’s an AI, like Siri or Google. There are additional fees for Amazon Music Unlimited (including Family Plan). And some games and skills like Question of the Day.
· 22 de noviembre de 2021 A 10 de 14 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | Is there a fee for Alexa with the portal mini · 27 de noviembre de 2020 A 5 de 7 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | a different question, i have Alexa in Spain,bought in Uk,and works no fee, if i do not keep my prime membership in uk will Alexa stop with music radio etc · 3 de enero de 2021 A 1 de 3 les pareció útil.
¿Y a ti? | I have an Echo a year ago and later that year got one for my wife. Now they want a monthly fee for the 2nd one. This is a total rip. I’m going to see about returning the 2nd one. · 16 de octubre de 2020 A 17 de 19 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | : Amazon.com: Preguntas y respuestas de los clientes
What music can you ask Alexa to play?
Alexa’s Music Services – Alexa supports many music services: Amazon Music, Apple Music and Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Pandora, Deezer, SiriusXM, Tidal, and Vevo. Depending on your location, you might find other music services in your Alexa app. Please note, following services are not available in the U.K.: Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and Tidal. (Thanks Brantome!)