How To Play Specific Songs On Alexa For Free?
- Randall Mullins
Free Spotify on Alexa – If you use Spotify’s free tier, you can link it with your Amazon account in the Alexa app as described above. Unlike paying customers, those on the free plan can’t request any song they want. Instead, they can ask Alexa to play any playlists they’ve previously created as well as Spotify’s own playlists.
Can I ask Alexa to play a specific song?
Can i request any song to play asked on November 1, 2017 Showing 1-10 of 62 answers No. If you ask for something that isn’t a Top-100 and has non-traditional spelling, there is no way to get Alexa to search for your song or artist, and the Alexa app does not have a music search function.
- Unless you save an artist and/or playlist and play it a lot on your other music devices, Alexa will not be able to find what you’re looking for.
- She will not respond to a request to search by spelling.0 of 3 found this helpful.
- Do you? | Report abuse Yes you absolutely can.
- No you don’t have to be specific either.
Don’t listen to that crap. All you need to do is set her up on your WIFI which usually she does automatically then make sure you have Amazon Prime if you want to hear specific songs. You can make her play stations without Prime but to make her play a specific one usually she will tell you to play specific music please join Amazon Prime.
- So yes you can.2 of 2 found this helpful.
- Do you? | Report abuse New to all this, please help.
- Which would be considered a better choice, for someone who is rather inquisitive in general.
- Yet, has music playing pretty much 24/7, wishing to break away from the wireless earbuds and phone within range while working on any project.
? see more New to all this, please help. Which would be considered a better choice, for someone who is rather inquisitive in general. Yet, has music playing pretty much 24/7, wishing to break away from the wireless earbuds and phone within range while working on any project.
- Which models can be synced/adding another over time? One in the basement, one in the kitchen, another in the bedroom? Can you synce the different models together, playing throughout the house ? 1. Echo 2.
- Echo Dot, 2nd 3.3rd Generation 4.
- What ever other models Thanks, SStrunk see less New to all this, please help.
Which would be considered a better choice, for someone who is rather inquisitive in general. Yet, has music playing pretty much 24/7, wishing to break away from the wireless earbuds and phone within range while working on any project. ? Which models can be synced/adding another over time? One in the basement, one in the kitchen, another in the bedroom? Can you synce the different models together, playing throughout the house ? 1.
- Echo 2. Echo Dot, 2nd 3.3rd Generation 4.
- What ever other models Thanks, SStrunk 3 of 4 found this helpful.
- Do you? | Report abuse Yes, but you need to direct the source, or you will get a sample of the song.
- Alexa will inform you about purchasing it through Amazon.
- I’m an MAC person.
- I have Alexa connect to my iCloud.
I have tons of songs. She will search the cloud and play the song I requested (if I have it there). She will also play my playlist. I have Amazon Prime, but it’s easy for her to connect to my cloud and take it from there.4 of 11 found this helpful. Do you? | Report abuse I also run my iPod 6 through Echo Bluetooth and my home stereo system so.if I don’t have the song on my very large library it will search Amazon music and I heart.
- I’ve only been denied maybe 1 in 20 requests.3 of 3 found this helpful.
- Do you? | Report abuse If you subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited Plan (10 mil songs) or your are a Amazon Prime subscriber Prime Music is included as part of your membership (2 mil songs), or you have Spotify Premium.
- You can request a song.
Otherwise all you will hear are samples of songs and then you will hear an offer to sign up for Amazon Music Unlimited.2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you? | Report abuse Alexa has trouble finding digital classical music that I have bought on Amazon. “Alexa, play Fingal’s Cave by Mendelsohn.” “I can’t find any song named Mendelshon.” Very aggravating.3 of 3 found this helpful.
Do you? | Report abuse Works great with Spotify. Can access your lists. When you request a new song you need to be specific since Alexa is a little dense. Use it as a speaker when watching the iPad. Also accesses radio streams. Love it.1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you? | Report abuse Can I play songs from J and The Americans 1 of 2 found this helpful.
Do you? | Report abuse Alexa will say, “To play songs by just (artist).” or “To play a specific song.” and then will ask if you want to sign up for Amazon Music, which will allow you to play specific songs and artists. However, if you decline Alexa’s offer, she’ll ask you if you’d like to play similar songs or artists.
Depending on what you asked for, she will occasionally play the song you asked for anyways, if, for instance, the request doesn’t return enough results for her to start a station based on it. In any event, if Amazon knows the song, it will probably eventually play as part of the free offering.2 of 2 found this helpful.
Do you? | Report abuse
Why won t Alexa play specific song?
4. Check Subscription – You need to have an active subscription to either Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited to play songs with Alexa. If you don’t have an active subscription, Alexa will not play the requested songs. To view your current subscription details, follow these steps: Step 1: Open the Amazon website for your country and log in with your account details. Step 3: You will find all your active subscriptions listed here.
Why can I only play some songs on Alexa?
Why does Alexa play samples? Syncing issues – Alexa can only play samples of music when you’re not connected to a streaming service, because you only have access to free “snippets” of content. If you want to play a full song, playlist, or album, you need access to a streaming service capable of storing the songs you want to listen to.
- Because Alexa is designed by Amazon, the default streaming service you’ll be connected to when you purchase your speaker is Amazon Prime.
- If you don’t have an Amazon Prime account, you’ll struggle to get access to the music you love.
- If you do have an account, you can simply connect your Alexa device to the account on your smartphone to start accessing playlists.
Amazon automatically searches through the ‘music account’ connected to your Amazon Echo or Dot. If you don’t have access to Amazon Prime, or a selectioin of digital albums, only a sample of the track will be available. Sometimes, you can still have temporary syncing issues preventing Alexa from playing a full song even when you are connected.
Why won t Alexa play a specific song from Spotify?
There’re 3 reasons you may not able to play Spotify music with Alexa. You don’t link your Spotify account with Alexa. Your Spotify subscription is expired, you need to renew the plan. The song from Spotify has been removed due to some reasons, so you won’t be able to stream this song from Spotify.
Can I listen to any music on Alexa?
‘Alexa, Play Some Music’ – After you set up your Amazon Echo, you can link several different music services, including Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn, Vevo, and Global Player. You’ll need an account with each service before you can access it through your Echo.
Do you pay to play music on Alexa?
One of the irritations felt by many Amazon Echo owners in the past was that you could get Alexa to play music, but only if you were a paying subscriber to Amazon Prime, Amazon Music, Spotify or another streaming service. Although some of those – notably Spotify – had a free tier, that wasn’t supported on smart speakers.
- Fortunately, things have changed and you can now listen to Spotify and Amazon’s own free, ad-supported music service.
- Apple has said there will never be a free tier, so unfortunately Apple Music will always remain off-limits on Alexa unless you pay for it.) Beyond streaming services there are other options for listening to music, such as radio stations and podcasts.
Here’s what you need to know about getting Alexa to play music for free, and the limitations you can expect to face.
Can you listen to Amazon Music for free?
Amazon Music Free provides free access to top playlists and thousands of stations and includes ads. On Android and iOS, you can listen to select songs from curated playlists on demand. Playlists can be found on the Amazon Music app Home page in the ‘Listen On Demand’ widget.
Is Amazon Music Unlimited or Spotify better?
Audio Quality – Audio quality settings on Spotify (left) and Amazon Music (right). As previously mentioned, both platforms offer five audio quality settings on their desktop and mobile apps. However, their corresponding bitrates are distributed differently. Here’s a breakdown of those audio quality settings:
|Audio quality setting||Spotify||Amazon Music|
|Automatic / Best Available||depends on connection||depends on connection|
|Low / Data Saver||24 kbps||24-96 kbps *|
|Normal / Standard||96 kbps||128-192 kbps *|
|Very High||320 kbps||N/A|
|Ultra HD||N/A||3730 kbps|
Amazon Music hasn’t come out with actual numbers for their Data Saver and Standard settings, so we’ve had to make some educated guesses based on the average bitrates of other streaming apps. That said, if we peg Amazon Music’s highest Standard setting at 192 kbps, that takes up about 65 MB an hour or 3.5 MB per song. Internet connection speed at the time of reviewing. There’s a more noticeable difference when you kick Amazon Music’s HD audio into high gear. The HD setting (850 kbps) takes up 330 MB an hour, and the Ultra HD setting (3730 kbps) gobbles up 720 MB an hour. Song buffering on Amazon Music. In terms of sound quality, I was won over by Amazon Music’s Ultra HD audio. I’m more of a Spotify user and have always been satisfied with its sound quality. But after sampling some Ultra HD playlists, I definitely heard a significant difference.
- The soundstage feels so much more immense, giving greater depth of sound,
- Needless to say, I spent the better part of the day just re-listening to my favorite songs in Ultra HD.
- To get the most out of Amazon Music HD audio, make sure you’re working with data speeds of 1.5 Mbps or higher and that your mobile device supports 16-bit/44.1 kHz,
If you’re listening on speakers or headphones, check that they have a dynamic range capacity of at least 20 kHz+ for HD and 40 kHz+ for Ultra HD,
Can Alexa play songs from YouTube?
How to Play YouTube on an Amazon Echo Using Bluetooth – As it turns out, you can’t just ask Alexa to play a YouTube video. Instead, you’ll need to pair your phone, tablet, or similar device to your Echo and treat the Echo as a Bluetooth speaker. This isn’t as well-integrated as a full connection to your YouTube account or a dedicated YouTube skill would be, but it’s the best option at this time.