How To Play Podcasts On Alexa?
- Randall Mullins
Disable Apple Podcasts in Alexa –
- Open the Amazon Alexa app, then tap the More tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Music & Podcasts.
- Tap Apple Podcasts.
- Tap Disable Skill.
Disabling the Apple Podcasts Skill also unlinks your Apple Podcasts account from the Amazon Alexa app. Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement.
- Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products.
- Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability.
- Contact the vendor for additional information.
- Published Date: October 24, 2022 Please don’t include any personal information in your comment.
Maximum character limit is 250. Thanks for your feedback.
Why can’t I play Podcasts on Alexa?
Set a Default Podcast Service – Now when you want to play a podcast, say “Alexa, play the latest episode of ‘Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend’ from Apple Podcasts.” If you don’t want to state the name of the service when you request a podcast from Alexa, you can set a default podcast provider. To set the default, go to Settings > Music & Podcasts > Default Services, Then tap the Change link under the Podcasts section and select the service you want to use as the default; in this case, it’s Apple Podcasts. You can then merely say “Alexa, play the latest episode of ‘Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend'” and the podcast will play through Apple Podcasts.
Can you listen to Podcasts on Alexa for free?
Listen to Podcasts with Alexa, Amazon Alexa, Podbean Alexa Skill Modified on: Wed, 31 Aug, 2022 at 9:44 PM Podbean brings millions of podcasts to Alexa so you can listen and enjoy podcasts for free. Find new podcasts in all genres, listen to your podcast playlists/collection with easy listening voice commands and pick up where you left off listening on any device!
Can you listen to Podcasts on Amazon Echo dot?
How to listen to podcasts on Alexa – Alexa’s default podcast streaming service is Amazon InTune. You can add a new podcast platform in the Alexa app. Ryan Ariano/Business Insider To listen to a random podcast on Alexa, you can say “Alexa play a podcast,” though with the diversity of topics and hosts there is no guarantee you’ll like it. A better approach is to go to InTune’s website on your Mac or PC and find a podcast that you’re interested in. Then, ask Alexa to play that podcast. You can browse podcasts on the website. Ryan Ariano/Business Insider You can also listen to Spotify or Apple podcasts on your Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, once you’ve connected Spotify or Apple Podcasts to Alexa. Just like with InTune, you can find a podcast you want to listen to on Spotify or Apple Music and then ask Alexa to play it by name. Browse podcasts on Spotify. Ryan Ariano/Business Insider On Spotify, for example, you can also create a playlist of some of your favorite podcasts, and then ask Alexa to play that specific playlist.
Is it free to listen to podcasts?
What is a Podcast? – A podcast is essentially a radio talk show broadcast online. There are two types of podcasts, audio, and video. And audio is the dominant format. Being online, anyone can start a podcast. The entry barrier is shallow, with many websites offering to distribute your podcast for free. For podcasts and newbies, it’s important to know that most podcasts out there are free. There are some behind a paywall, but usually, the content is free and can be interspersed with some ad-reads. The word “subscribe” often concerns people who think they have to pay for something.
Is podcast free with Prime?
Amazon now offers access to spoken word audio shows (podcasts) focused on various topics or themes, including shows exclusive to Amazon. In addition to millions of podcast episodes, you now have access to the most ad-free top podcasts with Amazon Music Unlimited, and Amazon Music Prime.
Do you need a subscription to listen to Alexa?
‘Alexa, Play Some Music’ – After you set up your Amazon Echo, you can link several different music services, including Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn, Vevo, and Global Player. You’ll need an account with each service before you can access it through your Echo.
Is Amazon podcast free with Prime?
Amazon Music expands its Prime benefit to offer a full catalog of music and new experiences for podcast lovers We’ve expanded our music benefit for Prime members to bring them 100 million songs in shuffle mode, the most ad-free top podcasts available, and features that make it easier to discover new content in the Amazon Music app—all at no additional cost to their membership.
Amazon Music is introducing new features and ad-free content to enhance the listening experience for Prime members with Amazon Music—including access to a full catalog of music available in shuffle mode, the most top podcasts available ad-free, and features that make it easier to find new music and shows.
Keep reading for a list of updates, available now at no additional cost to a Prime membership.
1. Access to a full catalog of music in shuffle mode Prime members will now be able to stream more music than ever before. We’ve expanded the Amazon Music catalog for Prime members to include more than 100 million songs—up from 2 million—entirely ad-free. Prime members can explore music and podcasts based on their likes; shuffle play any artist, album, or playlist in the catalog; and stream a collection of All-Access playlists tailored to personalized listening preferences on demand and available to download for offline listening. 2. An ad-free listening experience for podcast lovers Prime members can listen to the most ad-free top podcasts available on-demand, including shows from CNN, NPR, ESPN, and The New York Times; the Wondery catalog of premium podcasts, like Dr. Death, SmartLess, and Even the Rich; and new Amazon Exclusive shows—more on those new shows below. 3. New, exclusive shows and series We’re introducing new Amazon Exclusive podcasts across genres. New series arriving exclusively on Amazon Music today include Baby, this is Keke Palmer, from the actress and multi-hyphenate entrepreneur Keke Palmer; MrBallen Podcast: Strange, Dark & Mysterious Stories ; Suspect: Vanished in the Snow; COLD Season Three: The Search for Sheree; Killer Psyche Daily; I Hear Fear, narrated by Academy Award-nominated actress Carey Mulligan ; and a weekly bonus episode of The Old Man and the Three, hosted by former NBA player JJ Redick. 4. Features that make it easier to discover your next favorite podcast In addition to the most ad-free top podcasts available, listeners will begin to see a new look for the Amazon Music app, including the new Podcast Previews feature, which provides short soundbites from podcast episodes, helping customers sample the content as they browse the selection. Podcast Previews delivers curated clips designed to introduce new listeners to podcasts, and make it easier for existing podcast fans to find their next favorite show.
Ready to check out the updates for yourself? to take the new experience for a spin. Additional benefits and on-demand access to the full library—including over 100 million songs in HD and a growing catalog of songs in Ultra HD and Spatial audio—are available by upgrading to the Amazon Music Unlimited tier.
What app do you use for podcasts?
Anchor is the easiest way to make a podcast, brought to you by Spotify. Now you can create your podcast, host it online, distribute it to your favorite listening platforms, grow your audience, and monetize your episodes—all from your phone or tablet, for free.
- A RECORDING STUDIO IN YOUR POCKET: Record audio from anywhere, on any device.
- Visualize, edit, and arrange your audio segments using Anchor’s intuitive episode builder.
- Add background tracks, transitions, and sound effects from our built-in audio library.
- Record remotely with up to 4 guests or co-hosts, wherever they are in the world.100% FREE HOSTING: Host an unlimited number of episodes – no monthly fees, no trial period, no catch GET HEARD EVERYWHERE: Distribute your podcast to the most popular listening platforms, including Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and more—all with a single tap.
CREATE WITHOUT CONSTRAINTS: Easily design cover art for your show with Anchor’s cover art creator. Gather voice messages from your listeners and easily add them into your episodes. Anchor is compatible with most external mics and devices, and you can import your own audio files to achieve your perfect sound.
GROW YOUR AUDIENCE: Track metrics from multiple platforms, including unique Spotify stats, using Anchor’s detailed analytics dashboard. Analyze episode performance and listener demographics to learn who your audience is and what keeps them engaged. Transform audio clips into animated videos that are ready for sharing to promote your show.
GET PAID TO PODCAST: Earn money every time people listen—no matter your audience size—with Ads by Anchor. Record custom ads in your own voice and choose when they occur in your episodes. Download the free app to start your podcast with Anchor’s all-in-one platform.
- Already have a podcast? Make the switch today at anchor.fm/switch or in the app.
- Dec 12, 2022 Version 3.152.0 What’s new: We’ve made some minor tweaks and improvements here and there, working hard in the background to make your Anchor experience better.
- If you’re enjoying Anchor, please leave us a review.
It really helps! Need help? We’re here for you at help.anchor.fm
Do I need an app to listen to a podcast?
Find the right app – To keep and organize your podcasts, you’ll need a podcast app that allows you to subscribe to new shows and listen. If you’re brand-new to podcasts, the stock podcast app already installed on your smartphone is the easiest point of entry; for iPhone, you have the Apple Podcasts app, and for Android users, the easiest option is to play podcasts through the Play Music app.
- Beyond that, there is a huge range of third-party apps to choose from, but the app I use regularly and like best — and the favorite among the podcast experts interviewed for this article — is Pocket Casts, which costs a one-time payment of $3.99 on both Android and iOS.
- Nicholas Quah, who writes the podcast industry newsletter Hot Pod and is a podcast critic for Vulture, uses six different podcast apps, but prefers Pocket Casts.
Dana Gerber-Margie, co-founder of the Bello Collective, a volunteer-run podcast review website and newsletter, has used many apps, most recently Stitcher, and made the switch to Pocket Casts because others “couldn’t handle the amount of subscriptions that I was maintaining.” (Currently, she subscribes to 1,427 podcasts in all and regularly listens to between 40 and 50.) Jody Avirgan, podcast host for FiveThirtyEight and ESPN’s ” 30 for 30,” too, uses Pocket Casts, because of the way it’s filtered and organized, but emphasized there’s not “a huge difference between the apps, especially for someone who’s totally starting from scratch.”
Is there a charge for using podcast?
Music fans who are used to purchasing songs through iTunes may be accustomed to paying a dollar or more per song, but podcasts are almost always completely free. In some cases, while you may be able to receive the newest editions of podcasts for free after you subscribe, the previous editions of shows may cost money. Sometimes podcasters have shows archived at their website, and will sell them to users for a small fee per episode.
Is Spotify for podcasts free?
Play millions of songs and podcasts, for free.
What app has free podcasts?
Looking for a free app on Android that can download and play podcasts? For years, Apple has had a myriad of podcast players, but there haven’t been many good options on Android. But now, in 2022, there are a number of Android podcast player apps that we recommend:
Google Podcasts – Google released its own native podcast app in 2018. There aren’t a lot of bells and whistles, but it’s a good basic player. Spotify – if you’re already a Spotify user, you can listen to most podcasts in your Spotify app. Castbox – another good free option. This is the most popular app amongst my friends who use Android. Pocket Casts Podcast Addict Podcast Republic Player FM Dog Catcher Beyond Pod Podcasty PodKicker
Can you listen to podcasts on audible without a subscription?
Stream hundreds of free audiobooks, podcasts, and more. No trial or membership required. Simply sign in with your Amazon account.
Why won’t Alexa play BBC podcasts?
BBC Sounds skill issues – We are aware that there are some issues with the BBC Sounds skill. Some of these are easily fixed and answered, and others are out of our hands as Alexa skill producers.1. I’ve followed the steps to link my account and I’m still unable to access BBC Sounds content. What can I do? There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:
There are five possible ways to link your account, shown on this page, If the way you’ve tried isn’t working, please try the others. It may be that the device profile is not the same as the account profile. Try saying “Alexa, switch profile” or “Alexa, switch to ‘s profile” and trying to link your account again. Please try unlinking your account, and re-linking. Steps to do this are as follows: • Open the Alexa app; • Tap ‘More’ in the bottom-right corner; • Tap ‘Skills & Games’; • Tap ‘Your Skills’ in the top-right corner; • Scroll to find the BBC Sounds skill, and tap it; • Tap ‘DISABLE SKILL’, then tap ‘DISABLE’; • Tap ‘ENABLE TO USE’ and follow the steps to log in; • Try to launch the skill again
And if you’re still having problems, you can contact us here,2. Alexa doesn’t understand me when I ask for BBC content. Background noise and speaker position may prevent your request from being understood. All BBC radio stations can be asked for using “Alexa,,” The shorter your request, the less chance Alexa will have to mishear you.
Using ” Alexa, Radio One ” is likely to be more successful than “Alexa, can you start playing Radio One?” for example. When asking for podcasts and music mixes, usually ” Ask BBC Sounds for ” is the best way to get to it. We’re always working to make it easier for our audience members to reach the content they want.3.
I used to be able to use BBC content for my alarm and now I can’t. The good news is that you can, using a customised Alexa Routine! Information on how to do this can be found here: How do I set up an Alexa Routine? 4. I used to be able to listen to BBC content on my devices in multiple rooms and now I can’t.
The BBC Sounds skill is a custom skill which allows us greater flexibility to give access to our full catalogue of content, and to include bespoke commands. Multi-room playback of skills using the AudioPlayer API (like the BBC Sounds skill), is the most-requested Alexa feature, and we’re liaising with Amazon to try to enable multi-room functionality for BBC Sounds listeners.5.
The content doesn’t start, or it stops midway through. We are aware of some playback issues, which we are actively investigating with Amazon. Playback on early generation devices seems to be less reliable in some cases than on more recently manufactured devices.6.
BBC Sounds will not play anything, I get an error message or a different skill. The BBC Sounds skill is only available in the UK. Please check your device’s location and language settings in the Alexa app.7. You keep telling me to sign in or link my account – why? Linking your account gives the best experience on our skill and across the BBC, with more features for signed-in users on their way.
It’s a very simple process to log in and you only have to do it once. For more information on how to sign in go to: How do I sign in on the BBC Sounds Alexa skill? 8. My issue is not addressed here. Check our Known issues page which lists problems we’re aware of and are working to resolve.
How can I play old BBC podcasts on Alexa?
Podcasts and music mixes –
To start playing podcasts and music mixes say, “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds to play,” For example, “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds to play That Peter Crouch Podcast,” or “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds to play Woman’s Hour.” To play the first available episode of something say “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds for the first episode of,” To play the latest episode of something say “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds for the latest episode of,” To pause or resume say, “Alexa, pause” or, “Alexa, resume.” To rewind or fast forward say, “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds to rewind 30 seconds,” or “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds to fast forward 5 minutes.” To navigate between episodes you can also say, “Alexa, next” or “Alexa, previous.” To continue listening from where you left off, just ask Alexa for the podcast or on-demand programme you were listening to previously, for example, “Alexa, ask BBC Sounds for The Infinite Monkey Cage.”
Likewise, if you’ve been listening to something on your Alexa device and want to pick up from where you left off on the BBC Sounds app or website, just scroll to the Continue Listening section and click on the programme title. If you’re not listening to the last episode in a series, we’ll play the next episode automatically when your episode ends. To stop playback, simply say ” Alexa, stop,”
Why can’t I play a podcast on my Iphone?
Reasons the Apple Podcasts App Won’t Play – When a podcast in the Apple Podcasts app won’t play you’ll find it’s often caused by a problem downloading the podcast or syncing with other devices. The Podcasts app should download and sync podcasts automatically, but this can be interrupted or unavailable for a variety of reasons.
- These include a spotty Internet connection or a problem with the servers hosting the podcast.
- The podcast might also fail to play because of a software bug or configuration issue in the Podcasts app.
- This is less common and can be difficult to troubleshoot, as the Apple Podcasts app doesn’t offer many error messages.
Fortunately, the methods for resolving this problem are similar no matter the cause.