How To Play Apple Playlist On Alexa?
- Randall Mullins
Set up Apple Music as your default music service – If you don’t want to say “on Apple Music” each time you ask Alexa to play something, you can make Apple Music your default music service on Alexa. Here’s how.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- In the lower-right corner, tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Music & Podcasts.
- Tap Default Services.
- Under Music, tap Apple Music.
Why won t Alexa play Apple Music playlist?
Apple music does not work on Alexa and Google Assistant enabled Bose Portable Smart Speaker. / Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply Page content loaded Hello andranik_dhara, Welcome to Apple Support Communities.
- To get started, let’s make sure you get everything set up as explained here: Here’s what you need -An Apple Music subscription.
- If you’re not a subscriber, you can, or on your,
- An Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV, or Alexa-enabled Sonos speaker that you already set up with the Amazon Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
– The iOS or Android device that you already set up with Alexa. Make sure that you and check the App Store to see if there are updates for the Amazon Alexa app. If you use an Android device, check the Google Play Store for any updates to the Apple Music app or Amazon Alexa app.
- Set up Apple Music with Alexa -Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- In the lower-right corner, tap More.
- Tap Skills & Games.
- In the upper-right corner, tap the search field, then enter Apple Music.
- Tap Enable To Use.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Link Account.
- Follow the instructions to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Set up Apple Music as your default music service -If you don’t want to say “on Apple Music” each time you ask Alexa to play something, you can -make Apple Music your default music service on Alexa.
Here’s how. -Open the Amazon Alexa app. -In the lower-right corner, tap More. -Tap Settings. -Scroll down and tap Music & Podcasts. -Tap Default Services. -Under Music, tap Apple Music. Ask Alexa to play your music You can ask Alexa to play songs, artists, albums, or genres from Apple Music.
You can also play playlists from Apple Music’s editors or playlists in your iCloud Music Library. Say something like “Alexa, play Chill radio on Apple Music,” or “Alexa, play Ariana Grande on Apple Music.” If you want to listen to Apple Music in stereo or across multiple rooms, create a Multi-Room Music group in the Alexa app.
After you set this up, you can listen to Apple Music on two or more Echo devices at the same time. Get help If you need help setting up or using Alexa, your Amazon Echo device, or your Fire TV device,, If you need help setting up or using your Sonos speaker,,
- For more information, please check this out:
- Also, check out these helpful links:
We hope this information is useful. Kind regards. Yes, everything is setup exactly as mentioned above. There is only one difference in my setup. Which is in the sentence mentioned bellow: An Amazon Echo, Amazon Fire TV, or Alexa-enabled Sonos speaker that you already set up with the Amazon Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
- The device I am using is a Bose Portable Smart Speaker which has Alexa built in.
- I have successfully setup Alexa, added the Apple Music Skill and also linked my Apple Id.
- I have an active Apple One plan (which has Apple Music Subscription) on my Apple Id.
- Device link: FYI, Airplay and Bluetooth works fine, I am able to play songs from my iPhone.
The only problem is Alexa cannot play songs through Apple Music on its own, but I does well with Spotify and other streaming services. As Apple Music is not working on my Bose Speaker System I was thinking of unsubscribing Apple Music and buying a Spotify premium plan.
- Thank you for letting us know more about the situation.
- To play Apple Music with Alexa, you would need one of the devices mentioned in the “Here’s what you need” part of the link we previously provided.
- If you want to stream music to AirPlay 2-compatible speakers, this link will walk you through that process:
- Take care!
Apple music does not work on Alexa and Google Assistant enabled Bose Portable Smart Speaker. : Apple music does not work on Alexa and Google Assistant enabled Bose Portable Smart Speaker.
Can I make an Apple Music playlist for Alexa?
One of the features that Apple Music users can use is the iCloud music library. Simply put, this is a feature that allows you to download your own CD sound source, download your purchased lossless sound source, and a high-resolution sound source to make it look like your own Apple Music. Apple Music can now be played on Amazon devices supporting Alexa (Echo series, Fire TV). Of course, it is possible not only to play, but also to select and adjust the voice and adjust the volume. This feature is extremely convenient and allows you to work comfortably with the application.
First of all, to listen to playlists from Apple Music on Echo or Fire TV, you will certainly need a valid Apple Music account. Apple Music has a free period of 3 months for new subscribers. During this period, you can check the compatibility with Alexa and decide whether to continue the contract after that.
Then, of course, buy an Amazon Echo or Fire TV Stick and log in with your Amazon ID. To log into your Echo device, you need to manage it from a smartphone app or website, but it’s pretty easy. Try it free Once your account and device are ready, the configuration will be complete.
Open Apple Music in Alexa on your iPhone, or go to «Settings» in the menu and select Apple Music in «Link New Services» in the Music section to activate the skill. You will need your Apple Music ID and password (Apple ID and password), this is a two-step user verification. If you set Apple Music as the default streaming music service in Alexa, you can simply specify «Alexa, turn on music» Play will begin.
You can also specify which playlist you want to listen to. And the application will immediately turn it on. The application can at your request increase or decrease the playback volume, call the track to be played at your request, play the playlist in random order.
How do I get Alexa to shuffle my Apple playlist?
Alexa Apple Music Commands and Playlist Tips
Now that you can play Apple Music on Amazon Echo devices, here are a list of commands you can utter to get your party or meditation started.”Alexa, play ” “Alexa, play album” “Alexa, play album by ” “Alexa, shuffle album” “Alexa, play my playlist ” “Alexa, shuffle my playlist ” “Alexa, play Beats 1 Radio” “Alexa, play radio” “Alexa, play on Apple Music” “Alexa, what song is this”
Make sure you set your default music provider and radio to Apple Music. If Alexa is still confused, add “on Apple Music” at the end of each phrase. The is far from being perfect. Sometimes it won’t play your playlist for awhile no matter what you say but asking it to play albums and artists will still work.
Why won’t Alexa play my playlist?
Wi-Fi connectivity issues can cause media and music to buffer or not play. To solve most streaming issues: Reduce Wi-Fi congestion by turning off any connected devices that you’re not using. Move your device away from walls, metal objects, or sources of interference like microwave ovens and baby monitors.
Why won’t my Apple Music go on shuffle?
Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. First of all, I know how to work the player. However, shuffle has ceased to work. I noticed after creating a new playlist. I don’t think that is related but that is when I noticed it. Posted on Apr 15, 2018 5:32 PM 6 replies Apr 15, 2018 10:15 AM in response to Esr40 Make sure that you do not have repeat song enabled. Scroll down in the songs view to see the shuffle and repeat buttons. If there is a small 1 in the repeat button as in the image below, it will repeat the same song. If it looks like the next image below, then it will just repeat all of your songs (music playback won’t stop when you reach the end, but continue again from the beginning). Apr 15, 2018 5:14 PM in response to julieda I do not see either of those symbols. I have the normal play and shuffle buttons at the top. I scrolled through all the songs and did not see either of those symbols next to any of the songs. Any other direction or instructions? Question marked as Best answer Apr 15, 2018 6:20 PM in response to Esr40 Glad to help.