How To Connect My Schlage Connect To Alexa?
- Randall Mullins
3. How do I connect with Amazon Alexa? – To connect your Schlage Sense lock with an Alexa-enabled device, plug the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter into power at home. The WiFi Adapter needs to be within Bluetooth range of the lock (about 40 feet). Then use the Schlage Home app to pair your deadbolt with the adapter and connect it to your home WiFi.
Log in to your Alexa app using your Amazon password. Enable the Schlage Home skill in the Alexa app. Link your Schlage account to your Alexa account. This will give the skill permission to access the lock.
To enable the unlocking feature – this is initially disabled by default for your security – create a four-digit PIN in the Alexa app now.
Can Schlage connect to Alexa?
Thursday, June 17, 2021 Here’s what you need to know before you use your Schlage Connect lock with Amazon Alexa. READ MORE Schlage continues to lead the security industry in innovation. The evidence: The Schlage Connect™ Smart Deadbolt is now compatible with a growing list of smart home systems, meaning it’s easier than ever to access your lock via Amazon Alexa-enabled devices. 1. Are all Schlage Connect models compatible with Amazon Alexa? Yes. Both the Schlage Connect lock with Z-Wave technology and Schlage Connect lock with Zigbee technology are compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices. You will need a compatible smart home hub to pair your lock to the device.2.
Z-Wave-certified Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt : Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Ring Alarm, Blue by ADT, Honeywell Home Zigbee-certified Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt : Samsung SmartThings, Key by Amazon App + Cloud Cam, Amazon Echo Plus
Once your lock is connected to your smart hub, you will be able to access your lock via voice activation. For the most up-to-date instructions on how to give Alexa permission to control your Schlage Connect lock with voice commands, try our guide to pairing your lock with your new smart device or follow the steps provided at the hub’s website.3.
What can the Schlage Connect lock and Amazon Alexa do? After connecting the devices, you can ask Alexa to lock and unlock the door, and check the status of your Schlage Connect deadbolt. This offers the peace of mind and convenience of knowing your home is always locked and protected by one of the strongest, most convenient locks on the market.
Voice unlocking is one the newest functions available in the integration between Schlage and Amazon Alexa. The feature was made possible through technological improvements that now requires Alexa to authenticate the user’s identity prior to unlocking the door.
- The additional step helps to maintain the superior security you expect from Schlage while still enjoying the convenience of voice activation.
- Read more about unlocking your door with Amazon Alexa here,4.
- What else should I know? Already trusted in over 40 million homes, Schlage always aims to create carefully designed products that bring the possibilities and potential of every door in your home to life – keeping you safe and making life easier and more connected.
We are unwilling to compromise that, especially when it comes to smart home integration. With this in mind, Amazon Alexa is not enabled to check battery status or create/maintain secure codes. This ensures that control of these features remains directly in consumers’ hands rather than relying on third-party components.
The Schlage Connect deadbolt will continue to work even if it’s not connected to the internet if, for example, you choose not to use remote access or if your internet is down. In these instances, you can lock and unlock the door and manage access codes at the touchscreen. However, if you would like to control your lock from anywhere and take advantage of the features listed above, you will need that home automation hub.
Whether asking Alexa from bed if the front door is locked or manually securing your deadbolt from the touchscreen, the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt provides all users with keyless convenience and confidence in their home security. Add to that additional benefits that come when you pair your lock with the other technology in your home and it’s proof that smarter homes start with Schlage.
What app to use for Schlage Connect?
Schlage Home app | App for Schlage Sense and Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt The Schlage Home App for Apple iOS and Android lets you control and monitor your compatible locks from anywhere using your smartphone. The app guides you through the setup process and puts complete access and control of your Schlage smart locks at your fingertips. Lock or unlock your deadbolt and check its status from anywhere when it’s connected to your home’s WiFi. Never wonder if you remembered to lock the door. With the Schlage Home app, you’ll gain peace of mind knowing your smart lock is working to keep your home secure. Manage multiple unique guest access codes and schedule them for certain times of the day. You control who enters and exits your home. You can also send virtual keys to trusted friends and family with the Schlage Home app, giving you yet another option for keyless convenience. Customize push notifications so you decide when to be alerted if access codes are used and when your door has been locked and unlocked. See when your kids get home from school. Check that the dog walker returned safely. All from the palm of your hand. Turn on auto-locking and select the length of the time delay before your deadbolt automatically locks behind you to make coming and going even easier. When you choose a pre-set delay – it could be as short as 15 seconds or as long as 4 minutes – you control your lock on your schedule. Your lock preferences are as unique as your home and your family. Customize settings – configure built-in alarm warnings and push notifications, choose auto-lock and one-touch locking options, manage WiFi settings, change your lock’s name and more – all from the app. Simplify installation with no handyman or electrician required. Interactive instructions in the Schlage Home app walk you through installing your lock and troubleshooting any questions you might have. Because we believe it should be easy to add a new level of security to your home.
- Adding smart locks to multiple properties is more than just convenient.
- Be confident that your family and belongings – no matter where they are – will be secure with Schlage.
- The Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt makes seamless access simple and secure.
- The built-in WiFi compatibility connects directly to your home’s WiFi network, giving you the ability to control your lock from anywhere, manage up to 100 customized access codes, and see lock history when paired to the Schlage Home app – no extra hub required.
And with Apple home keys compatibility, you can simply tap to lock or unlock using your iPhone or Apple Watch. The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt makes remote access from anywhere simple and secure, no hubs required. Setup is as easy as connecting your laptop to your home WiFi network.
Use the Schlage Home app to manage up to 100 customized access codes and see when your lock is accessed. It’s total control and peace of mind at your fingertips. The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt makes setting up and managing your smart lock as easy as checking your email. Simply pair your smartphone with your lock via Bluetooth.
From there, the Schlage Home app allows you to schedule up to 30 access codes and monitor access when near your lock. Pair with the sold-separately, Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter for remote access and optional voice control compatibility. : Schlage Home app | App for Schlage Sense and Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt
How do you use Schlage smart lock with Alexa?
2. How does the new voice unlock feature for Amazon Alexa work? – The unlocking feature is disabled by default for your security. Log in to the Amazon Alexa app and enter your password to enable this feature. Then you will be required to set a four-digit PIN, which must be spoken before Alexa will unlock the door.
When you say, “Alexa, unlock the front door,” Alexa will ask for the PIN. If the PIN is correct, Alexa will unlock the door. After three attempts to unlock the door with an incorrect PIN, Alexa will disable the unlocking feature and the door will remain locked. You can re-enable the feature by logging into the Amazon Alexa app and repeating the process.
Learn what else you can do with Amazon Alexa when you pair it with the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt or Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt,
Does Schlage Connect have WiFi?
How to set up your Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter for Android – 1 Make sure your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that you’ll be using for the Adapter. Navigate to the menu in the app and click Wi-Fi Adapters. 2 Click the “+” in the top right corner of the page. 3 Take note of the 8-digit programming code located on the back of your Wi-Fi Adapter – you’ll need it for setup. 4 Plug in your Wi-Fi Adapter within 40 feet of your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt. 5 Choose your Wi-Fi Adapter from the list on your screen. 6 Select your home Wi-Fi network to pair with. 7 Enter the Wi-Fi Adapter’s programming code that you located before plugging it in. 8 Now your Wi-Fi Adapter is added to your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt account. 9 Congratulations! You have successfully paired your lock to your Wi-Fi Adapter. Now you have anywhere access to your home through your phone. Check the status of your door, and lock and unlock your door from anywhere with your smartphone. Keep in mind, the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter must stay plugged into power at home, connected to Wi-Fi and in Bluetooth ® range (about 40 feet) from the lock to enable remote access. For more information, visit schlage.com/sense,
Do I need a smart hub for Schlage Connect?
8. Pair your Schlage Connect with Amazon Alexa – Command your Schlage Connect to lock or unlock or check the status of your lock when you pair your Schlage Connect with Amazon Alexa via Wink. Get all the details on what Schlage Connect and Amazon Alexa can do here,
Does Schlage Connect have Bluetooth?
The Bottom Line – Schlage Connect and Schlage Sense are top-notch smart locks that offer high-quality features, superior capabilities and enhanced performance. These two have bank-grade encryption and are highly-secured locks. The main difference between them is the integrations. The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with Century Trim in Satin Nickel makes daily life easier and more convenient. Enter an access code on the touchscreen to unlock the door instead of searching your pockets for keys. Pair the lock with your smartphone over Bluetooth.
How do I connect my front door lock to Alexa?
How does it Work? – Connecting your SmartThings or Wink hub to Alexa is easy. First make sure that all your Z-wave or ZigBee compatible locks are connected to your smart home hubs, and set individual names for each door. These names are what you’ll use to trigger Amazon Alexa, so us names that are easy to remember like “front door” or “garage door.” After your locks are connected to your smart home hub you’ll enable the skill in the Alexa App by going to Settings>Skills> or > Enable. Ask Alexa to “Discover new devices” and you should be all set. From there it’s as simple as asking Alexa to lock your front door. For now, the API utilized by SmartThings and Wink does not support unlocking your home security hardware. You can only lock and check lock status at this time.
How do I find my Schlage connect code?
How do I Find My Schlage® Lock’s 6-Digit Programming Code?
The default programming code is printed on a label on the programming guide that came with your lock. If you do not have access to the guide, remove the lock from the door and look on the back of the lock for a label containing the default code. If the programming code has changed (no longer default) and you do not know the new one, you can reset the lock to restore the default codes. For assistance with this, please see your lock’s user guide or contact Schlage directly at,
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET. All trademarks referenced are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Do I need a WiFi adapter for Schlage connect?
Schlage Sense Works With Smart homes start at the front door. The Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with Bluetooth ® pairing technology was built to be incorporated into the leading home automation systems. Scroll down for the full list of systems that can seamlessly connect to your smart lock and use the Schlage Home app to monitor your home from anywhere. Make your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt accessible when you are away from home. Add an iPad or Apple TV ® to your home WiFi network to lock and unlock your door from anywhere.
Apple HomeKit* is compatible with Schlage Sense via:
Use Amazon Alexa to control your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with your voice. When used with the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter, Alexa lets you lock and unlock your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt from anywhere with your Android smartphone or your iPhone®. Compatible via the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter. Use your Google Assistant to lock and check the status of your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt. This offers you peace of mind and the convenience of knowing your home is always locked and protected by one of the strongest, most convenient locks on the market. Compatible via the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter. Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt is part of the Plays with Yonomi device family. This smart lock is compatible with new or existing Routines on your Yonomi account and adds new levels of automation to your devices. To lock and unlock your Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt from anywhere on both Android and iPhone ®, add the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter* to your home WiFi network. The WiFi adapter is a simple wall plug-in that connects to your home WiFi signal, making it easy for you to set up.
Does Schlage Home app work with Schlage Connect?
Thursday, July 23, 2020 The free Schlage Home app for Apple iOS and Android is your “remote control”. Here’s our list of the top 10 things you can do with it. READ MORE We’re turning 100! Over 10 weeks, Schlage is sharing its favorite top-10 lists. That’s 100 tips, ideas and moments of inspiration so you can enjoy the safety, simplicity and style of Schlage for another 100 years to come.
Remote access from anywhere is many people’s favorite Schlage smart lock feature. To take advantage of that and be able to monitor and control your lock any time of day no matter where you are, you basically need two things: a WiFi connection and a smartphone app like the Schlage Home app, The free Schlage Home app for Apple iOS and Android is your “remote control” if you have a Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi Deadbolt or Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt,
If you have a Schlage Connect™ Smart Deadbolt, you will need to use one of our partners’ apps like the Nexia or Samsung SmartThings app. Now on to our top-10 list of things you can do with the Schlage Home app.
Why is my Schlage not connecting to WiFi?
RobotPoweredHome is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my blog, I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. As a smart home nerd and a person who takes pride in having good quality smart home security system installed in my home, I decided to give the Schlage Lock a try.
- I also installed the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter for my convenience, which lets you lock and unlock your smart Deadbolt from anywhere using any smartphone, iPhone, or iPad.
- The device worked without a hitch for a long time.
- However, one fine day, it stopped working.
- I got a bit worried because it could potentially compromise my security.
I started researching why this happened, how to troubleshoot the WiFi adapter, and the steps I can take to avoid a similar experience in the future. To troubleshoot the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter,
Check if the adapter is correctly connected to your WiFi network and placed close to your router. Ensure that your network’s bandwidth is 2.4 GHz and that your mobile data is switched off. Reset your adapter by pressing and holding the reset button on the device for 10 seconds.
Let’s look at the various methods in which you can troubleshoot the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter and the process of resetting your adapter in an easy-to-understand fashion in detail.
Why won’t my Schlage lock connect to my WiFi?
Schlage Connect is not connecting to the app. – If your Schlage Connect lock isn’t connecting to the app, there are a few things you can do:
- The Schlage Connect lock was not paired with the mobile device before installing the app or has been removed from your phone’s list of paired devices.
- Ensure the Schlage Connect lock and your phone are on and fully charged and that you have a strong Wi-Fi signal in your home. The Schlage Connect lock uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), so if there are walls between you and your door, it may not work either.
- Ensure that all permissions have been granted for Schlage Connect by tapping Allow when your device’s operating system is prompted while running the initial pairing process (this window should appear only once).
- Ensure the app is updated (you can check for updates in the device settings). You can also check for Schlage updates in the app’s menu.
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on and that your phone has a strong signal (the best way to do this is by trying another app like Spotify or Google Maps).
- Make sure the lock is within range of your Wi-Fi network. If you have multiple locks in a house, make sure they’re all on the same network.
- Make sure that both your smartphone and computer are connected to the internet. This will ensure that your device can communicate with our servers and receive software updates for Schlage Connect as needed.
Does Schlage connect lock automatically?
Smart Lock: Schlage connect with universal devices and Alexa smart home technology
3. It locks up when your hands are full. – Coming or going, it seems we always have our hands full. When you leave the house, you might have your gym bag, briefcase, the kids and their bags, any number of things you’re trying to get to the car. When you’re coming home, it’s all those things plus the groceries.
- With auto-lock, you don’t have to juggle whatever you’re carrying while also trying to get the key in the door.
- You can trust that your Schlage lock will take care of it automatically.
- That’s security and convenience in one.
- Again, think of it like the auto-lock feature on your phone.
- When you have other things on your mind – and in your hands – you can toss your phone into your bag or pocket.
You know it will shut itself off soon and your data will be safe until you enter the passcode or use facial recognition to reopen it. We think your devices should work with you to improve security.
What is the difference between Schlage encode sense and connect?
There are plenty of reasons to get a smart lock. Maybe you hate carrying keys while running, need guest access codes for your AirBnB, or don’t want the extra cost of replacing keys for renters. Schlage is one of the leading door lock brands, and now they sell some of the best smart locks as well. Schlage Sense left, Schlage Connect middle, Schlage Encode right. While they look very similar, their smart home integration is the key difference between both locks. The short version? Schlage Sense works with HomeKit for controlling your lock using Siri. Schlage Connect is designed for Alexa and Z-Wave integration. Schlage Encode is a WiFi lock that doesn’t require a hub. Buying the right lock is essential since if you get one that doesn’t work with your set up, you will feel a little stuck. We’ll dive into these differences and their similarities as well. Affiliate Disclosure : This page contains affiliate links, which earn us a commission at no cost to you. First, there are quite a few similarities between Schlage Sense, Connect, and Encode. Let’s take a look.
Can Alexa control my door locks?
Reasons to avoid – – Auto unlock feature can be finicky – The look may clash with some homes/doors – Using Alexa requires bridge The August Wi-Fi Smart Lock is a stylish lock that works with most existing deadbolts, meaning you don’t need to replace your keys to use it.
- Instead, you can lock and unlock the door with an Alexa command, or the door can automatically unlock as you approach it with your smartphone, making it one of the best Alexa devices to help secure your home.
- It supports smart home standards like Z-Wave Plus and Apple’s HomeKit over Wi-Fi without the bridge previous generations required.
We also like the 24/7 activity feed, so you can see when your door and lock have been in use, and the ability to grant keyless access to anyone you wish. You can even unlock your door using your fingerprint as a form of 2-factor authentication. This lock also talks with Alexa to let you know when you need to replace its batteries, which can be set up for automatic reorder on Amazon. (Image credit: Chris Wedel/Android Central)
Does Echo Plus work with Schlage connect?
GOOGLE ASSISTANT – To pair Google Assistant with your Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt, follow these instructions, If you’re a Google Assistant user and have the Schlage Sense deadbolt, make sure you have the Schlage Sense WiFi Adapter to take advantage of voice control capabilities.
Can I connect Schlage connect without a hub?
1. Remote access – Lock or unlock your door no matter where you are in the world. Because the Schlage Connect is powered by Z-wave, you need to pair it with a smart home hub, like Wink, to extend communication with your home’s wi-fi. This allows you to communicate with your lock via the Wink app when you are remote.