How Much Does Alexa Cost Per Month?
- Randall Mullins
There are numerous digital assistants that live within smart devices like Google Assistant, Siri, and Alexa. The widely popular Alexa lives inside Amazon’s smart speakers but is also being engineered into third-party devices. We know that you have to purchase the smart speaker itself, but what about accessing Alexa? Do you then have to pay to use Alexa as a service? There is no monthly fee involved in using Alexa.
- Once you purchase an Amazon Echo device, you have full access to Alexa’s AI.
- Technically, you can even use the Alexa app on your smartphone for free without the purchase of a smart speaker.
- Depending on your goals, though, there may be a little more to it than that.
- In this article, we’ll take a look at any unexpected costs which could otherwise be associated with your new Amazon Echo purchase.
(If you’re interested in the best-rated Alexa device, you can view it here)
Does Alexa charge a monthly fee?
Amazon.com: Preguntas y respuestas de los clientes Mostrando 1-10 de 161 respuestas November 11, 2019- I just got off the phone with Amazon since I’m trying to buy the new Echo and was informed there is a $3.99 monthly fee subscription for Alexa. Mix information online and over-the-phone just leads me to not get the device because I will not purchase something that might or might not be free to use.
I also asked if that fee is “waived” for Amazon Prime members and the answer is “No. Alexa is a separate service not covered by Amazon Prime.” So there. Free if you already have it but apparently not free if you want to get started now. · 11 de noviembre de 2019 A 142 de 161 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | I was paying $4.29 for my monthly bill for prime music but, the last 2 mos.
I was billed $8.49, I am getting ready to cancel due to no reason why it went up, · 7 de mayo de 2022 A 8 de 9 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | I have alexa is there a monthly fee for a second alexa · 28 de diciembre de 2020 A 7 de 16 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | Alexa increase from $4.99 To $9.99 for a single Device.Wow a Big Jump on pricing · 27 de octubre de 2022 ¿Esta información te resulta útil? | There is no monthly fee to use your Alexa/Echo device.
- However, if you want to listen to specific songs by a specific artists, you will be prompted to start a music unlimited subscription.
- · 8 de julio de 2021 A 27 de 30 les pareció útil.
- ¿Y a ti? | There is no monthly fee to operate Alexa on Amazon Alexa-enabled devices.
- There are subscription services that you can buy which have monthly fees, such as Amazon Prime Services.
· 23 de agosto de 2021 A 10 de 11 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | Alexa is part of your Amazon account. She’s an AI, like Siri or Google. There are additional fees for Amazon Music Unlimited (including Family Plan). And some games and skills like Question of the Day.
- · 22 de noviembre de 2021 A 10 de 14 les pareció útil.
- ¿Y a ti? | Is there a fee for Alexa with the portal mini · 27 de noviembre de 2020 A 5 de 7 les pareció útil.
- ¿Y a ti? | a different question, i have Alexa in Spain,bought in Uk,and works no fee, if i do not keep my prime membership in uk will Alexa stop with music radio etc · 3 de enero de 2021 A 1 de 3 les pareció útil.
¿Y a ti? | I have an Echo a year ago and later that year got one for my wife. Now they want a monthly fee for the 2nd one. This is a total rip. I’m going to see about returning the 2nd one. · 16 de octubre de 2020 A 17 de 19 les pareció útil. ¿Y a ti? | : Amazon.com: Preguntas y respuestas de los clientes
How much does it cost for an Alexa?
1. Amazon Alexa pricing: When basic is better – If you’re building your Amazon smart home from scratch, I recommend starting with an Echo smart speaker, specifically the fourth-gen Echo, Not only is this our favorite smart speaker – it’s our favorite Alexa device overall,
- While the $100 price tag makes this Echo speaker more expensive than the smaller Echo Dot, it’s worth it.
- The fourth-gen Echo has noticeably better audio quality than all the Echo smart speakers, and the built-in Zigbee receiver allows the Echo to act as a smart home control center for compatible devices.
This one Echo speaker, with its voice control features and connectivity ability, is a great option since it serves as a control panel for the rest of your connected devices. Cost so far: $100 The fourth-gen Echo is a great choice to act as a control panel for the rest of the connected home devices. Amazon Once you have that central hub established, it’s time to connect smart home devices. Security and smart lights are a good next step when going with the basics.
- For lighting, I recommend the Wyze Bulb,
- For $15, you can buy a 2-pack of white LED bulbs that produce better brightness than many other bulbs on the market.
- They can be set up in no time – just screw the bulb in, connect the light to your internet via the Wyze app and you can begin your Alexa commands.
Cost so far: $115 For Alexa home security cameras, I recommend starting with the Wyze Cam v3, Not only does its $36 price tag make it a stand-out affordable choice among all home security cameras, but it’s packed with top-shelf features: sharp night vision, a functional siren, 14-day video clip storage, weatherproof housing and a wide field of view.
Do I need Amazon Prime for Alexa?
Pick a Device to Set Up – Echo Setup in iOS You need an Amazon account to use Alexa, but you don’t need Amazon Prime (Opens in a new window), Sign in on the app. Then click More on the lower right and select Add a Device, Here you can add any number of Alexa-supported devices to your account, from smart lights to smart plugs.
Does calling through Alexa cost money?
Making calls with an Amazon Alexa Echo device is free. However, you do need wi-fi.
Do I need WiFi for Alexa?
Does Alexa Need WiFi? – Alexa devices need a WiFi connection to function properly. When you ask Alexa a question or use a voice command, an audio recording is sent to Amazon’s cloud over your WiFi network. Then it is processed and sent back to your device over WiFi so Alexa can answer your question or fulfill your request.
What do you need for Alexa to play music?
‘Alexa, Play Some Music’ – After you set up your Amazon Echo, you can link several different music services, including Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn, Vevo, and Global Player. You’ll need an account with each service before you can access it through your Echo.
Why am i being charged for Amazon Music?
You may have accidentally signed up for Amazon Music Unlimited on additional devices. Go to Your Amazon Music Settings to select a different plan or renewal option. To prevent future accidental purchases, Require a Voice Code for Purchases with Alexa.
Will Alexa work if my phone is not in the house?
Echo can make it appear as if you’re home – If you’re leaving your house for a night, or several days, Alexa can make it appear as though you’re home, For example, you can set up away lighting so that Alexa will turn your lights on and off at arranged times.
- For this to work, you’ll need a compatible smart bulb, smart plug or smart switch.
- To turn on the Away Lighting setting, open the Alexa app and navigate to the Guard settings.
- Tap the Gear icon in the top right corner and select Away Lighting,
- Under the Lights section, select the lights you’d like to use – for example, one may be an inside lamp or porch light.
On the same screen, make sure Away Lighting is enabled.
Can Alexa hear my conversations?
Can Alexa Record Conversations Without Your Knowing? – While Alexa offers assistance in so many areas of life, it’s natural to wonder: Can Alexa record conversations? Does Alexa listen to everything you say? Does Alexa spy on you? You need to know that Alexa is technically always listening, even without explicitly triggering an Alexa device.
Alexa does not actively record and store all your conversations, but it’s always listening for “Alexa,” the wake word. Once you say it, anything you say that follows is recorded and stored in the cloud. On occasion, Alexa may think you’ve said its name when you haven’t. There are reported instances of Alexa sending conversations to people’s co-workers or even strangers.
These incidents shed some light on the imperfect nature of voice assistant technology. But unfortunately, this is where the problem lies—there are times where Alexa will record conversations without you knowing. One of the reasons Alexa will record conversations is to learn more about you, the user.
How can I make free calls with Alexa?
How to set up Alexa calls for your Amazon Echo – First, open the app and tap the communicate button in the bottom left corner. You’ll need to confirm your name and phone number before proceeding if you haven’t already. Once you’ve done that, you can make calls with your Echo by saying, “Alexa, call Optimus Prime,” and before you know it, the call will start.
There are some things to note before you get too carried away. These calls are free, but there are some limitations. Echo speakers can only call numbers from the US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Austria, Germany, Japan, India, Belgium, Chile, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Colombia, Cyprus, Estonia, El Salvador, Ecuador, Greece, Finland, Iceland, and Hungry.
Even if you are making a call to one of these countries, premium-rate numbers will still incur a charge, and you can’t use Alexa to call emergency services. Aside from those limitations, you can make phone calls to any landline or mobile number in your contact list.
Is it hard to install Alexa?
How to set up Alexa – ‘Echo devices are easy to set up,’ says Dennis Stansbury, Alexa UK & Ireland country manager. ‘You just have to plug the device into a power source and follow the instructions in the Alexa app.’ And just like that, the key to being able to fill your home with the best Alexa compatible devices is unlocked for you. (Image credit: Amazon Echo Plus )